New default alternate time dimension for evaluation aggregates

Category
API
Summary
New default alternate time dimension for evaluation aggregates
There is a new parameter called “alternateTimeDimension” on evaluation aggregate queries. This new default behavior enables an evaluation score or a count to contribute to the aggregate time bucket of the datetime at which the evaluation was created. Previous behavior aggregates the time bucket of the datetime when the score or count occurred.

If there is not an alternateTimeDimension specified, the default value is “evaluationCreatedDate” and the score and count contribute to the time bucket for the time the evaluation is created.
• Specification of “alternateTimeDimention”: “evaluationCreatedDate” also results in scores and counts contributing to the time bucket for the time the evaluation is created.
• If desired, the previous behavior to aggregate the time bucket of the datetime when the score or count occurred can be attained by specifying "alternateTimeDimension": "eventTime"

Release date must be within 45 days of evaluation creation
• An evaluation release date must be set to a date within 45 days of evaluation creation.
• If you attempt to submit an evaluation beyond 45 days, the submit button is greyed-out with a tooltip explaining that the scoring opportunity has expired
• The release date may still be set to “Never”.

Release dates cannot be set in the past
You cannot set an evaluation release date to a date that is before the evaluation creation.

Ninety days to create, update, and score evaluations
Evaluations cannot be signed-off, re-scored or deleted after 90 days of creation.
If using the API to make any edit to an evaluation more than 90 days old, the user will receive a BadRequest.

The UI also enforces the 90 limitation with grayed out buttons for edit actions such as “Delete” and "Agent Has Reviewed".

JIRA ticket
This work is captured in Pure-2597.
Context
The “alternateTimeDimension” feature allows users to sync evaluation aggregate data to the evaluation created time so that it can be viewed more meaningfully alongside conversation data.
The “alternateTimeDimension” feature also facilitates better handling of rescored and deleted evaluations. It ensures that the changes to the scores appear to have happened at the time of the evaluation created and not at the time of rescore or deletion.
The new limits to editing the evaluation and setting the release date support these changes.
Impact
If API users want the previous behavior from the evaluation aggregate data API (/api/v2/analytics/evaluations/aggregates/query), they should add the “alternateTimeDimension”: “eventTime” parameter to the query. However, users should be aware that rescore and delete actions may not appear in the same time window as the original scores, so some time windows may show unexpected or even negative values.
Date of Change
This change is targeted to go into effect on 23 October 2019.
Impacted APIs
• /api/v2/quality/conversations/{conversation-id}/evaluations/{evaluation-id}
• /api/v2/analytics/evaluations/aggregates/query

Hi,

Is there a swagger page for this feature? I'd like to see the JSON structure...

Which version of the .NET SDK is this targeted at?

1 Like

Hi . I see this was originally planned for September. Is there a reason for the delay or can this be brought forward at all?

Upon release of the new dimension, the existing swagger docs will be updated, as will the SDKs.

Today i add alternateTimeDimension to request body,but it occurs bad.request.
What does this mean?
And, if i remove the alternateTimeDimension , request will success.
I would appreciate it that if you can help me .

Please open a case with PureCloud Care to investigate this issue. Your request appears correct according to the documentation.

1 Like

Apologies for just seeing this note - GA for the new time dimension is now Dec 11th

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 62 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.